Mastering EQ Studio DMI LA-117
Multirange stereo equalizer especially designed for mastering and mixing use
Studio DMI Edition
- The LA-117 “Studio DMI edition” is a multirange analog equalizer especially designed for mastering and mixing use where very precise settings are required.
- For this purpose, the LA-117 is equipped with super fine tuning controls enabling an easy manual recall without the use of step controls.
- Inside the LA-117 there are two separate EQs, the first is a Baxandall type and the second is a special 5 band Parametric unit.
- The order of the LA-117 Parametric and Baxandall EQs within the signal flow is interchangeable. The interactions between the two equalizers enable the LA-117 to execute any kind of acoustic correction.
- Each parametric band splits the frequency control in two different ranges so that 10 bands can be used. Moreover, the LA-117 features a “solo” control for parametric eq sections that improves the filter usability. This feature is not found in any other analog parametric EQ on the market.
- The parametric unit is based on a special innovative technology designed by Livio Argentini, different from other parametric equalizers on the market. The LA-117 uses a parallel configuration that produces very low distortion, low noise end extremely low phase rotation.
- The extremely large bandwidth ( more than 300 KHz ) provides a very fast transient response and an extraordinarily natural sound unrivalled in the market.
- The very linear ( instrumental type ) electronic balanced amplifier, without transformers or servo-amplifiers, allows for a perfect square wave response and absolutely no timbric alteration in the sound.
- Double gold plated contact connectors.
- Many critical components, like potentiometers, are duplicated and connected in parallel to assure long life, maximum reliability and precision.
- Switching is made by gold contacts and sealed relays.
- The LA-117 use short actuator toggle switches to avoid accidental operation when adiacent knobs are operated.
- The special modular construction allows for a quick servicing and an easy customisation.
- The insertion of a MID-SIDE matrix ( suggested by Luca Pretolesi ), and the external insert capability, transform the LA-117 in a complete audio Hub.
|Input (EQ / Insert Return)||Electronically balanced - Impedance 10 kOhm - Normal Level +4 dBu, Max +28 dBu|
|Output ( EQ / Insert Send)||Electronically balanced - Impedance 100 Ohm (minimum external load 600 Ohm) - Normal Level +4dBu, Max +28 dBu|
|Bandwidth||4 - 350.000 Hz 0/-1dB, perfect square wave up to 50 kHz|
|Distortion + Noise||<0.005% ( typical 0.001 %)|
|Construction||19" 4U rack mount metal box|
|Number of Modules||14+4|
|Dimensions||W 483 mm / 19”, H 177 mm / 7”, D 317 mm / 12.5”|
|Weight||10 Kg / 22 lb|
|Contacts||Double gold plated|
|Linear Regulator||Balanced Toroidal Transformer|
|Operating Voltage||220V 50 Hz / 110V 60 Hz|
|Power Consumption||60 W|
|Voltage Output||± 18 VDC 400 mA, 24 VDC 400 mA|
|AC mains||IEC C13 16 A|